What's in my head?

The random ideas, questions, and thoughts that enter this feeble brain.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

mmmmmm pizza

So a couple of nights ago I head on over to Tutta Bella Pizza here in Seattle. Pizza is one of my favorite foods, and usually I am open to the different characteristics of pizzas from different places. For example Romios Pizza is heavily laden with toppings and an incredible amount of cheese, but it's very greasy and all that cheese makes the pizza very heavy on the stomach.

There is absolutely nothing I can pick on with Tutta Bella Pizza. I sampled both the Regina Margherita (Pomordoro San Marzano, fresh mozzarella, parmigiano, fresh basil) and Prosciutto e Rucola (Italian Ham and Arugula - Pomodoro San Marzano, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto di Parma, fresh arugula, extra virgin olive oil, shaved parmigiano reggiano ) both were absolutely dilicious Neopolitan pizzas.

The crust was thin and simple, and the sauce, which most places drown out with toppings, was the highlight of the night. From what I can taste ( and I am no expert ), it seemed to be nothing more than very recently ground fresh Roma tomatoes and a pinch of salt. This sauce was fresh and light, and went very well with the crust. The cheese was added sparingly in slices, which added to the overall effect. It was a fantastic pizza which I wholeheartedly reccommend.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our family plans to eat at the Stone Way restraunt. I'll let you know how it goes ;-).

    -Brian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home